Friday, November 27, 2009

Don't Crowd Me

I don't like crowds.  More specifically, I don't like crowds of people who I know in a setting where I'm expected to mingle and have continuing conversations...aka...a party.  Weird thing is, I like throwing parties.  I like hosting.  I love planning large events.  But, I'd rather throw it and watch other people get to know each other.  I don't like not having to do anything at the event other than make nice.  I know that makes me sound horrible.  And, I don't know why I'm like this.  There's times when I'm so lonely it hurts.  But, I'd rather just "hang out" with a couple of people.  Even if we go to a crowded place.  I can even effectively and enjoyably meet new people in a large crowd...as long as I don't have to have a long conversation with them about myself.

Actually, I can probably guess why this is.  It's not something I like to think about.  And, I'm not sure that I want it to change.  But, I know I'm often misinterpreted as a snob, boring, upity, or standoffish.  And, I know I don't want to be seen as that kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment