Recently, I have been thinking a lot about my blog and wanting to get back to it. But, before I do, I wanted to document the big 3-0. Because, it turned out to be not so bad. ;-)
The actual day passed very uneventfully. Just a regular day at work. I went to bed that night even more depressed than when it started.
But, that weekend, my sister threw me a fabulous "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed party. It was really lovely. I was so thankful for every friend and family member who took the time to come.
Earlier in the day, prior to my party, I conquered a fear and accomplished a big goal. I ran my first 5k race. I know it might not sound like much to those of you who are regular runners. But, for this girl, with my history of health and leg problems, I was pretty dang proud. After all, I had just turned 30 two days before. ;-) My cousin and his girlfriend came and ran the 10k and my sister-in-law ran the 5k with me. My goal was to finish in under 40 min without stopping to walk. I finished in 34:43!
To finish off the "I don't wanna turn 30" festivities, I took my first adult vacation...to MEXICO! My best friend from college and my best cousin took a three day trip with me to an all inclusive resort in Cozumel.
I can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had. Actually, the three of us made a pact that we wouldn't tell anyone how much fun we had. ;-) But, I can tell you that our activities included sun bathing, fraternizing with other guests, snorkeling, dancing, and lots of fun with the resort staff...especially these guys, Tony and Mario.
And, you know what I've decided? 30's not so bad.




No comments:
Post a Comment