Monday, August 9, 2010

Don't Fake It

A couple weeks ago, I retweeted something from Carlos Whitaker (@loswhit).  He said, "praying for all the pastors and worship leaders who feel like they have to fake it tomorrow #gal2:20".  I retweeted for the simple fact that I've been there...a lot.  So many times I've had to "fake the praise".  This could be due to a variety of reasons: tired, sick, bad attitude, practice went bad, etc. 

However, I just now took the time to look up that passage that he hash-tagged. 

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

It took me a while to process how this was related to faking it.  Yeah, I know...it's not tough.  If I've truly crucified my flesh, then it's not ME up there leading worship...it's Christ.  It has very little to do with my abilities.  Without Him I would not be able at all. 

I think this generalizes to all Christ-followers' daily lives as well.  How many times do we have to fake being nice, fake joyfulness, fake loving the sinner?  Yeah, I went there.  Why are we so quick to forget what Christ did for us?  He loves me.  He gave himself for me.  He lives in me.  I should let Him live THROUGH me. 
So, the next time I "don't feel like it", I will remind myself that I no longer live.  All I have to do is surrender, and let Christ do the work.  Amen. 

In what ways do you find yourself faking it in your walk with Christ?  What have you found to help yourself surrender to the work of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment