Monday, October 19, 2009

A new leaf...literally...

I have PCOS, which stands for Poly-Cystic-Ovarian-Syndrome.  Haven't really gotten the proper treatment from the docs.  At least that's how I feel.  So, I've been reading about this thing.  It's related to insulin resistance.  Which, is crap cause that has been causing insane weight gain.  It's very disappointing and frustrating!  So, one doc put me on two meds for half of the symptoms and another doc put me on metformin for the insulin problem.  I have now begun to change my eating habits to a low-glycemic diet.  These are foods that have a minimal impact on my insulin.  Basically, it involves lean proteins, lots of beans, leafy greens, veggies, and fruit.  Today was my first day.  I'm using the book for recipes.  I cooked for a freaking hour tonight.  It was good.  But, seriously?  By the time I ate and was done cleaning it was 7:45.  Sheesh.  And, it's no fun doing it all by myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment