At church we've been doing a series called, "Servolution". During these weeks we were challenged by the life of Christ to be more involved in community service. Start a revolution through service! Tonight in small group we were discussing our thoughts about how to find our "sweet spot" in service. The question posed was, "What is your passion?" The thought being, if you find your passion, then you find your purpose. But, most of the answers to the question came in the form of blank stares. And, I totally understood and could feel exactly what those blank stares were trying to convey.
"I don't know what my passion is." "I only get passionate about food, sports, tv, bowling, shopping." lol.
Been there? Who hasn't? I'm still there. Am I currently doing with my life what I want to do forever? Um, nooo... Does that scare the heck out of me? Used to, but not anymore. I've realized life is a journey. My ultimate purpose is to bring glory to God. That IS WHY we were created--for His pleasure. What can I do to bring Him pleasure? The Bible says to "delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Is my delight only in Him? Okay, moving on because I could totally go in another direction here. Gotta stay focused...lol...
In finding your purpose, in finding your "sweet spot" we often have this ominous idea of what we were created to do. And, if we don't do exactly what we were created to do then we won't be effective to others or happy in ourselves. But, the Bible says, "whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might." WHATEVER your hand finds to do...DO IT! Ministry is simply meeting needs. Whose need can you meet today? At salvation we're all given at least one spiritual gift, but we are all given hundreds of skills. What can you do? Do it for the glory of God. And, I believe that as we find things to do, we will gain more knowledge of ourselves and find where our strengths and weaknesses lie.
So, it's been my decision to enjoy the journey, be happy in whatever I find to do, and do everything to the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment