Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Me Either

Have you ever had a thought process that goes like this?

I know that God has a plan for me. I know He wants good things for me. He is sufficient for me. But, I want more. He will give me the desires of my heart. But, I had the desires of my heart and now it’s gone. It’s okay because He is enough. But, why would He give me that promise and then not fulfill it? I have tried to do my best in life. I have tried to always follow Him and trust Him. So, why did that happen? And, why am I not fulfilled? The joy of the Lord is my strength. And I’m trying to have faith and trust Him. So, why am I not joyful? Can anything really fulfill this desire if I’m not completely fulfilled in Him alone? But, what about other people who do their own thing all the time? Why are they fulfilled? Why do they have what I want? I know that sounds like covetousness, which I’m not supposed to have. Yet, honestly…it’s there. I want to trust. But, when I feel this let down and disappointed…how do I do that?

I didn’t think so. Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment